Vermont State Plan
The Agency of Education, in collaboration with many stakeholders, has drafted a Vermont State Plan in response to the Vermont Education Quality Standards and the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
The public comment period for the draft Vermont State Plan closed on February 13, 2017. The AOE is currently reviewing comments received through that process and is preparing a revised draft Plan to submit to Governor Phil Scott for review, in March 2017.
The AOE currently anticipates proposing a State Plan to the US Department of Education in April 2017.
The “public comment” versions of the Plan sections follow, along with brief presentations introducing each one. The version of the Plan that is approved by Governor Scott, and that is submitted to the US Department of Education for review, will be posted to this page when it is available.
Overview of Vermont State Plan (Presentation)
- N size (Presentation) (Plan Text)
- Academic Measures and Targets (Presentation) (Plan Text)
- School Performance Reporting: Format and Weighting of Measures (Presentation) (Plan Text)
- Accountability Transition Plan (Presentation) (Plan Text)
- Identification of Schools for Comprehensive and Targeted Supports (Presentation) (Plan Text)
- Continuous Improvement and Technical Assistance (Presentation) (Plan Text)
Thank you for taking the time to contribute to this process. If you have any questions about the public comment process, please email Chris Case or call 802-479-1179; or email Patrick Halladay or call (802) 479-1712.