NASDTEC Interstate Agreement

The NASDTEC Interstate Agreement is a statement by Vermont outlining which other states' educator certificates will be accepted. Specifically the agreement outlines which particular types of educator certificates (teachers, administrators, service personnel, or career/technical), and which particular styles of certifications (titles, fields, etc.) will be accepted.

Apply for an Initial License Under the NASDTEC Interstate Agreement

The Agency of Education may review the credentials of applicants from other states/countries under the following conditions: Educators (Teachers & Administrators) who hold a current professional license from outside of Vermont will be given a Level I license (3 year) in the endorsement area delineated on their out-of- state license or a comparable VT endorsement when the following have been met:

Please be advised that not all states have signed agreements.

Frequently Asked Questions

What does it mean to "apply under the National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC) Interstate Agreement"?

Apply for an Initial Vermont Educator License

Apply for a Vermont Educator's License under the NASDTEC Interstate Agreement


Licensing Help Line at or (802) 479-1700

Page Last Updated on December 2, 2015