Joint Letter from AOE and AHS - Universal Prekindergarten Stakeholder Invitation
As you are likely aware, in the past legislative session our Agencies were charged with the following:
On or before November 1, 2017, the Secretaries of Human Services and of Education shall jointly present recommendations to the House and Senate Committees on Education, House Committee on Human Services, and Senate Committee on Health and Welfare that will ensure equity, quality, and affordability, and reduce duplication and complexity, in the current delivery of prekindergarten services (Act 49, page 40).
In order to better inform our recommendations, the Agency of Human Services (AHS) and the Agency of Education (AOE) are pleased to announce two stakeholder meetings to share information regarding Universal PreK and Act 166. At these meetings, AHS and AOE would like to hear from you to better understand your perspective on:
- What aspects of Act 166 have worked well?
- What aspects of Act 166 have presented challenges?
- What recommendations you have for improving universal Pre-K?
The Stakeholder meetings will be held on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. These meetings will be held in the Vermont State House in Room 11, located at 115 State Street, Montpelier, Vermont, 05633.
You may submit your comments in a variety of ways. All comments and documents submitted are part of the public record.
- Attend a session in person: speakers will sign in and be taken in the order they sign in. Speakers should deliver concise oral statements. If bringing hard copies, at least 7 copies will be needed.
- Present Remotely: email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a space. Ms. Stein will send you directions for joining the meeting via GoToMeeting after you have contacted her.
- Submit written responses: submit written testimony through this electronic data collection tool. Please provide written comments by October 12.