Framework of Standards and Learning Opportunities
The purpose of Vermont's Framework of
Standards and Learning Opportunities is to improve student
learning. The standards will be used in three ways:
1. To provide a structure from which standards-based district,
school, and classroom curriculum can be developed, organized,
implemented, and assessed.
2. To provide the basis for the development of a state, local,
and classroom comprehensive assessment system.
3. To make explicit what may be included in statewide assessments
of student learning.
The purpose of grade expectations are:
1. To provide more specific and detailed benchmarks for Vermont's
Framework of Standards and Learning Opportunities.
2. To provide guidance for local curriculum, instruction and
3. To provide the grade level expectations in math, reading and
writing required for state assessment.
Grade expectations and associated materials are now located on
individual content area pages:
Fatal error: Call to a member function namelast() on a non-object in /var/www/www.state.vt.us/html/educ/site/snippets/pages-contact-person.php on line 18