Vermont Smarter Balanced Assessment Portal is now LIVE and available for use by educators, parents and the general public.
Smarter Balanced Assessments (SBAC)
The Agency of Education (AOE) is pleased to announce that the Vermont Smarter Balanced Assessment Portal is now "live" and available for use by educators, parents and the general public. The portal will be the agency’s main resource for all things related to assessments, serving as both a public portal and an access point for secure tools and information available only with a password provided by the AOE. Portal resources include: news and updates, training modules, practice and training tests, manuals, Test Administrators Certification Tests, secure browser downloads, and the Online Reporting System
As a member of the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC), Vermont joined with a cadre of other states to develop the next generation of educational tests for English Language Arts/Literacy and Mathematics. SBAC will be fully aligned with the Common Core State Standards (CCSS), use state of the art computer adaptive testing and accessibility technologies, and will provide a continuum of summative, interim and formative tools that can be used for a variety of educational purposes.
News & Bulletins
- February 24, 2015: Training for Online Reporting Systems, ESL Webinars, Special Populations workshops, and Independent Schools Conference.
- February 17, 2015 - AIR Webinar Training, Tools for School Leaders, ELL Teleconferences, Adding Students in TIDE
- February 9, 2015 - Webinar Training, District Training Video posted to VT portal, Scribe and Reader Training
- Update on SBAC Implementation, January 2015
- February 2, 2015 - TIDE accounts, Understanding the SBAC Summative Assessment, using personal devices
- January 26, 2015 - Announce VT-SBAC portal, ISAAP tool module, opting out of testing
- January 21, 2015- Address District Test Admin. Role, SBAC system, training students
- Memo regarding Update on SBAC Implementation, January 2015
- Janary 13, 2015- General information, Testing Window
- Memo from Secretary Holcombe to SBAC States
- April – June 2014
- January – March 2014
- October – December 2013
- July – September 2013
- April – June 2013
- January – March 2013
Michael Hock, Director of Educational Assessment, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (802) 479-1288
Page Last Updated on February 25, 2015