All Vermont students in grades 3-8 and 9, including publicly funded students attending private independent schools and programs, should participate in the Smarter Balanced Assessment unless a student qualifies for alternate assessment or has an authorized exemption for medical reasons.
- Memo: Smarter Balanced Assessment Shifted to Grade 9
- FAQ: Smarter Balanced Assessment Shifted to Grade 9
- Memo: Understanding Why We Test
Levels of academic achievement are:
- Proficient with Distinction
- Partially Proficient
- Substantially Below Proficient