- Vermont Special Education Rules and Guidance
- Response to Questions Around Act 173
- National Laws and Regulations
- Interagency Coordination
Vermont's special education regulations and other regulations related to special education are contained in the State Board of Education, Series 2360 – Special Education Rule.
Notification to the field regarding the special education rules in response to questions around Act 173.
The 2018 version of Notice of Procedural Safeguards: Rights of Parents of Students with Disabilities is available in English only at this time. It will not be translated until the next rulemaking has been completed. If you need a translated copy please contact your local school district for assistance.
Vermont Statutes and Acts
- Agency of Education 504 Guide
- Act 264 and Coordination of Services: An Act Relating to the Creation of an Advisory Board and State and Local Interagency Teams to Assist in the Provision of Care for Children and Adolescents with Severe Emotional Disturbances
- Act 173: An act relating to enhancing the effectiveness, availability, and equity of services provided to students who require additional support.
- Federal Law, Regulations and Policy Guidance
- The Rehabilitation Act authorizes programs for vocational rehabilitation, supported employment, independent living, and client assistance.