Educators may apply via Transcript Review for initial licensure, to receive an endorsement for a specific area of expertise, or for current licensees who wish to add new endorsements for specific areas of expertise. Please review our Transcript Review Application Process flowchart, which gives a detailed overview of the process. Vermont currently has educator reciprocity with all states except: New York, New Mexico, South Dakota and Wisconsin. Educators who hold a current license, or have a recommendation for licensure on their transcript, from any of these states; will need to apply for Initial License through Transcript Review.
Transcripts are required for all Transcript Review applications. Only transcripts are applicable to this application, no other experience is accepted. You may upload your transcripts directly to your application checklist.
Help Guide: Transcript Review for Initial Licensure, and includes only a limited list of endorsements:
Core Teaching Standards Worksheet - for Initial Endorsements only
Career and Technical Education Director
CTE Special Needs Coordinator
Design and Technology Education
Driver and Traffic Safety Education
Educational Technology Specialist
Family and Consumer Sciences
Associate School Nurse
School Social Worker
Speech Language Pathologists
Work-Based Learning Coordinator
- Help Guide: Apply for an Additional Endorsement, and includes all Vermont endorsements
- Expanding your Instructional Level
Completing an application online
Download and complete the worksheet below for the endorsement you are requesting. Complete the online application and upload the worksheet to your checklist. Complete applications include:
- Copy(ies) of any transcript that includes coursework to be considered (only completed courses with a grade of C or better will be considered).
- Syllabi from the courses you will consider that include a course description and course objectives.
- Evidence you have met testing requirements. Praxis Core or the equivalent is only required if applying for initial licensure. See Vermont’s Testing Requirements for Educator Licenses for endorsements that require Praxis II testing
- Verification you have completed the required practicum.
- Core Teaching Standards Worksheet. If applying for your initial Vermont teaching license, verification you have completed 13 consecutive weeks of student teaching or the internship required for the endorsement, with a licensed mentor teacher in the endorsement you are seeking.