Become a Vermont Educator

To obtain an educator license in the state of Vermont, there are several possible pathways you may take: traditional/initial, reciprocity/out of state licensure, peer review, transcript review, or temporary licensure (via employment in a Vermont School).

What application process do I use to get my Initial License?  Check out our Frequently Asked Questions and other tutorials to help guide you through the process or use the links below to learn more about each pathway.

Contact Us

Vermont Agency of Education
Secretary Daniel M. French
1 National Life Drive, Davis 5
Montpelier, VT 05620-2501

Web and Document Accessibility Policy​
Public Records Requests

Phone: (802) 828-1130 | Fax: (802) 828-6430
Staff Directory | Division Phone Numbers







Connect with Us

Twitter icon
Facebook icon
Instagram icon
Google+ icon
YouTube icon
RSS icon