Eligibility for licensure through the traditional route is determined by the completion of a state approved educator preparation program at a college or university through a bachelor, post-baccalaureate or master’s degree program and recommendation for licensure from the institution. If you are applying for licensure through reciprocity from or through a recommendation from an education preparation program in New Mexico or South Dakota, please contact a licensing specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org, as rules regarding reciprocity with these states is in the process of changing.
Apply for Initial Licensure
- Apply Online to Become a Vermont Educator
- Help Guide: Initial License Application
- Fees for Licensure
- Testing Requirements
- Initial Level I License Application - Traditional Route Flowchart
- Endorsement Codes
- Out of Country Postsecondary Education
- Guidelines: "Official Transcript"
- Memo: Acceptance of Praxis Score Reports
Criminal Record Check
Criminal record checks are completed within the online application. All applicants must complete a fingerprint supported criminal record check.