The Agency of Education Child Nutrition Programs administer federal programs, including the National School Lunch Program, School Breakfast Program, Child and Adult Care Food Program and Summer Food Service Program, which provide nutritious meals and snacks in schools, childcare settings, summer program sites and adult day centers. The Agency provides program sponsors with guidance, technical assistance, training, monitoring and evaluation to ensure that every program receives the maximum federal and state funding available and operates in compliance with federal and state requirements.
School Food Authorities and program sponsors are required to administer child nutrition programs in accordance with all non-discrimination laws, regulations, instructions, policies, and guidance. This includes annual training on civil rights in child nutrition programs. Trainings can be accomplished by reviewing the training PowerPoint or watching the webinar.
- Annual Civil Rights Training Recorded Webinar
- Child Nutrition Civil Rights Manual
- Civil Rights Training PowerPoint
- Child Nutrition Civil Rights Training Documentation
- SFA or Sponsor Civil Rights Complaint Procedure Template
- Accommodating Children with Disabilities in the School Meal Programs Manual
- Policy Memorandum on Modifications to Accommodate Disabilities in the Child and Adult Care Food Program and Summer Food Service Program
- Vermont Medical Statement Form
- Late Claim Procedure and Corrective Action Template
- 60-Day Deadline Dates for Claims for Reimbursement
- Vermont Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) closed enrolled sites waiver request
- Vermont Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) first-week visit waiver request
- Vermont Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) offer vs. serve (OVS) to non -school food authority sponsors (SFA) waiver request
- Vermont Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) time requirements waiver