A Multi-tiered System of Supports is a framework that unifies educational opportunities and supports to improve outcomes and ensure equity for all students.
The Vermont Multi-tiered System of Supports (VTmtss) Framework uses a systemic approach to decision making to support excellence and equity within the culture of continuous improvement in Vermont schools. This approach focuses on successful outcomes for all students by:
- Supporting all adults to meet the academic, behavioral, social and emotional needs of students
- Providing a layered continuum of high-quality, evidence-based instruction, intervention and assessment practices that are matched to students' strengths and needs
- Relying on effective and timely use of meaningful data
- Helping schools and districts organize resources to accelerate the learning of every student
- Engaging and developing the collective expertise of educators, students, families and community partnerships