A Multi-tiered System of Supports is a framework that unifies educational opportunities and supports to improve outcomes and ensure equity for all students.
The VTmtss Framework is a systemic approach to decision-making for excellence and equity within a culture of continuous improvement that focuses on successful outcomes for all students. This systemic approach:
- Supports the collaboration of all adults to meet the academic, behavioral, social and emotional needs of all students,
- Provides a layered continuum of high-quality, evidence-based instruction, intervention, and assessment practices that are matched to student strengths and needs,
- Relies on the effective and timely use of meaningful data,
- Helps districts and their schools organize resources to accelerate the learning of every student, and
- Engages and develops the collective expertise of educators, students, family and community partnerships.