Act 117 - VSA Title 16, Section 2904, requires that each superintendent shall annually provide to the Vermont Secretary of Education status of the educational support systems in each school in the supervisory union; how it is funded and how building the capacity of the educational support system is addressed in the School's Continuous Improvement Plan. Included in the report will be a description and justification of how funds received due to Medicaid reimbursement under section 2959a are used.
This data collection has been a school-level survey completed by a principal. This year's data collection period was April 30 - May 31, 2021.
This year’s Survey featured some sets of questions that were not on previous MTSS state surveys. We recognize some of the data is open to interpretation by respondents, so links were provided throughout the Survey to support a shared understanding of terms. This data, collected from VT K-12 public school principals, will be used across Agency of Education Teams. Thank you to those completing the Survey, you ensured that pertinent data is available for deciding improvements in education for all students.
If you have questions about the Survey, or about the related statutory requirement, please contact Tracy Watterson, VTmtss Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The survey summary provides an analysis and evaluation of the data reported, focusing on statewide trends. It informs the work of the Agency in supporting the implementation of VTmtss in Vermont.
- 2021-2022 Multi-tiered System of Supports Survey Summary
- 2020-2021 Multi-tiered System of Supports Survey Summary
- 2019-20 due to the pandemic, superintendents offered an Assurance in place of the VTmtss Survey.
- 2018-2019 Multi-tiered System of Supports Survey Summary
- 2017-2018 Multi-tiered System of Supports Survey Summary
- 2016-2017 Multi-tiered System of Supports Survey Summary