[UPDATE 1/27/21] On January 21, 2021 the Biden administration issued a memorandum to increase federal Category B funding under the Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act of 1988. This presidential action, among other things, directs FEMA to provide Public Assistance reimbursement "to provide for the safe opening and operation of eligible schools, child-care facilities..." This assistance may include PPE, disinfecting supplies and other eligible assistance. The memorandum also increases the cost share from 75% to 100% until September 30, 2021.
SU/SDs or Independent Schools are not required to apply for FEMA, but please be aware of the following:
• If you have completed a FEMA Request for Public Assistance, please do not withdraw the Request for Public Assistance. Keep it as is in the online FEMA grants portal – no additional action items are required from you in the FEMA grants portal
- FEMA Eligibility Guidance (May 11, 2021)
- COVID-19 Education Resource Roadmap
- Supervisory Unions and Independent Schools FEMA Webinar FAQ (Aug 28, 2020)
- SUs and Independent Schools FEMA Introductory Webinar (Aug. 31, 2020)