As part of the Vermont Agency of Education’s commitment to supporting schools in the delivery of effective K-12 mathematics instructional programs, this site provides teachers, administrators, expanded learning providers, higher education faculty, parents and community members with a broad range of resources. Mathematics education in Vermont is currently centered on the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). The CCSS for Mathematics contain both content and practice standards for students, which define what students should understand and be able to do. These Standards do not dictate curriculum or teaching methods, and are not intended to be new names for old ways of doing business.
- Additional Math Resources
- Coaching as Professional Learning
- Equitable Mathematics Teaching Practices Proficiency Scales
- How to Read the CCSS Mathematics Standards
- General CCSS Mathematics Resources
- Math: Diversity and Equity
- NCSM: National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics
- NCTM: National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- VCTM: Vermont Council of Teachers of Mathematics
Email Ryan Parkman or call (802) 828-6468.