The Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSA Act) provides $2.75 billion for the Emergency Assistance for Non-Public Schools (EANS) program, which is part of the Governor’s Emergency Education Relief Fund. for the costs of administering the program.
Under the EANS program, the US Department of Education will award funds by formula to each Governor with an approved Certification and Agreement to provide services or assistance to eligible non-public schools to address the impact that the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) has had, and continues to have, on non-public school students and teachers in the State.
All questions regarding the GEER EANS program should be directed to AOE.email@example.com.
- February 23, 2021 - State received approval of Certification and Assurances by US Department of Education
- March 19, 2021 - Intent to Apply due (4pm)
- March 23, 2021- GEER EANS Application release
- April 30, 2021- GEER EANS Application deadline
- August 23, 2021- All contracts for services provided by State of Vermont to independent schools executed
- September 30, 2023 - End of GEER EANS program
GEER EANS Application
The application for GEER EANS opened on March 23, 2021 for eligible applicants that completed the Intent to Apply (deadline March 19, 2021). The deadline to apply is April 30, 2021.
For purposes of the EANS program, an eligible independent school is an elementary or secondary school that—
- Is non-profit;
- Is a Recognized or Approved Elementary or Secondary Independent School in Vermont;
- Was in existence prior to March 13, 2020, the date the President declared the national emergency due to COVID-19; and
- Did not, and will not, apply for and receive a loan under the Small Business Administration’s Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) (15 U.S.C. 636(a)(37)) that is made on or after December 27, 2020. (See C-13 for information regarding non-public schools that apply for but do not receive a PPP loan).
(VIDEO) GEER EANS Office Hour - This video provides an overview of the Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) Emergency Assistance for Nonpublic Schools (EANS) program and a step-by-step look at the application process.
(VIDEO) GEER EANS Office Hour II - This video provides updates on allowable costs, reimbursement, provision of services and transfer of title, as well as field Q&A.
Intent to Apply (CLOSED March 19, 2021)