The Medicaid School Based Health Services Program is used by the state to generate Medicaid reimbursement for medically related services provided in accordance with an Individual Education Plan (IEP). Schools bill Medicaid directly for services and receive a monthly grant award from the Agency of Education based on the claims submission to Medicaid. The information in this section includes resources, required documentation and manuals to assist school staff in the accurate submission of Medicaid claims.
Medicaid Reinvestment Report
Each year, supervisory unions are required to submit two reports related to Medicaid - the Medicaid Reinvestment Report and the Report on Expenditures of School Health Services. For questions or additional information, contact Jessica Robinson, (802) 479-1135.
- Memo: Medicaid Annual Reinvestment Report Allowable Costs
- Guiding Questions Useful in Making Decisions on How to Spend Medicaid Reinvestment Funds
- Reinvestment Report Instructions
- Medicaid Annual Reinvestment Report Survey
Resources for Medicaid Billing
- Physician Authorization Form
- Out-of-District Provider Certification Agreement
- Claim Evaluation Form
- IEP Claim Form
- Level of Care Billing Form
- Private Non-Medical Institutions Claim Form
- Related Services Documentation Log
- Release of Special Education Information for Medicaid Billing Purposes
- Release of Special Education Information for Medicaid Billing Purposes—18 Year Old Student
- Signed Release of Special Education Information for Medicaid Billing Purposes-DCF
- Sample Legal Guardian Letter
- Case Management Assurance Form
- Six Month Deadline Chart
International Classification of Disease Codes
Complete School Based Health Program Diagnosis Code List, includes a tab for most commonly used codes.