High school graduation is an important milestone in the lives of our Vermont learners. We look forward to safely celebrating our graduates and their many achievements this spring.
May 30, 2020: Prom Goes #VTstrong
VPR is teaming up with the Agency of Education and Big Heavy World to present Prom Goes #VTstrong. Burlington DJ Craig Mitchell hosts this statewide radio prom on Saturday, May 30, 2020, at 7 p.m. Learn more on the VPR website.
Vermont participated in Graduate Together, the national celebration of America’s High School Class of 2020, which broadcast on Saturday, May 16, 2020. Youc an still visit Vermont's Graduate Together page with a message from Secretary French and stories from Vermont graduates.
Guidance for Supporting the Class of 2020
These resources will assist SU/SDs, administrators, educators and parents support our high school seniors as they approach graduation during this period of remote learning.
Guidance: End of School Year Gatherings and Celebrations (Issued 5/8, Updated 5/15 and 5/18)
- Public Health Context
- Use of School Facilities
- Waiver of School Calendar Days
- Considerations for implementing local graduation requirements for the Class of 2020
- Considerations for post-secondary education
- Resources for Guidance Counselors
- College Application Process
- Guidance for CTE Seniors
- Guidance for Special Educators
- Transition Assessments
- Career Exploration Activities
- Ensure FAPE through Transition Services During Remote Learning
- Considerations for using the Graduation Readiness Tool in a Remote Learning Environment
- What should SUs/SDs consider when implementing local graduation requirements for the Class of 2020?
- What should LEAs consider when planning now for graduation ceremonies for the Class of 2020?
- Graduation Policy Checklist
- State and National Assessment Timeline and Schedule Information
- Timelines and Schedules for College and Career Readiness Assessments
- AP Exams
- IB Exams
- Industry Recognized Credentials
- Additional Resources