Nita M. Lowey 21st Century Community Learning Centers
The Nita M. Lowey 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) program has been funding high quality after-school and summer learning programs since 1998. Poverty, opportunity gaps, and unmet academic need drive the program’s purpose. Vermont's 21st CCLC program supports students' learning and interests through diverse and engaging programming using multiple approaches and curricula. Programs are delivered through schools and community partnerships for grades K-12. Annually, approximately 12,100 youth and 5,700 regular attendees are served in 101 high needs communities across the state. Programs are expected to complement, but not duplicate the school day. Annual or semi-annual grant competitions are held to support this vision.
21st CCLC Guidance and COVID-19
Please visit the COVID-19 Guidance for Vermont Schools webpage for a complete list of AOE guidance related to COVID-19.
The Vermont Agency of Education (AOE) submitted a waiver request from the USDOE with regard to flexible use of 21st CCLC funds. The waiver permits 21st Century Community Learning Center funded programs, consistent with existing state guidance to provide supplemental activities to students who are not receiving instruction when school is in session. All other requirements for a 21st CCLC program continues to apply.
The 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) Grant Application for the purpose of providing high-quality afterschool and summer learning opportunities is CURRENTLY CLOSED. Resources from the most recent competition are below.
For reference only:
- 21st CCLC Grant Application 2019-2020
- 21C Competition Question and Answers - Added October 24, 2019
- 21C Applicant Meeting Powerpoint - Added October 15, 2019
- Should I Apply for 21st Century Funds? Evaluate if you are ready to apply for 21st CCLC grant funds.
- 21C Application Resource Guide
- 21C Competition Questions and Answers
- 21C Appendix I - Data Summary from Annual Performance Reports
- 2019-2020 21st CCLC Grant Final Competition Results
- 2018-2019 21st CCLC Grant Final Competition Results
- 2017-2018 21st CCLC Grant Final Competition Results
- 2015-2016 21st CCLC Grant Final Competition Results
- 2014-2015 21st CCLC Grant Final Competition Results
General Grantee Information & Requirements
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers Site List By School 2020-2021
- 21st Century Funded Centers By Supervisory Union 2020-2021
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers Handbook
- Afterschool Wiki maintains regular updates and detailed information about 21st CCLC funded after-school and summer programs.
- Safety Standards
- 2020-2021 21C Peer Review Process
- St. Johnsbury School District - CatCH Site Visit Report 2019-2020
- Southwest Vermont Supervisory Union - Mosaic Program Site Visit Report 2018-2019
- Springfield School District - Springfield High School-Afterschool Programs Site Visit Report 2018-2019
- Two Rivers Supervisory Union - Chester Andover Site Visit Report 2018-2019
- Windham Central Supervisory Union - L'After Site Visit Report 2018-2019
- Windham Southwest Supervisory Union - Wings Site Visit Report 2018-2019
- Winooski School District - Site Visit Report 2019-2020
- Children with Disabilities Guidance for 21st Century Community Learning Centers Funded Programs
- 21C Funded Programs-Integration Examples
- 21C Renewability Policy
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers - ESSA Language
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers Statewide Evaluation Report 2018-2019
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers Statewide Evaluation Report 2017-2018
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers Statewide Evaluation Report 2016-2017
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers Statewide Evaluation Report 2015 - 2016
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers Statewide Evaluation Report 2014 - 2015
- Memo: 21st Century External Organization Profile Release and List