Status of Implementation
To support school systems’ understanding of the conceptual and practical shifts outlined in the state plan, the Vermont AOE will be hosting four, daylong training sessions during November and December 2017. Superintendents were contacted to coordinate their attendance with a team from the SU/SD.
As Vermont works to implement an accountability system that better reflects the state’s education priorities, changes will need to be made at the state and local level. To meet these new requirements, some shifts in practice will be required of schools and SU/SDs. The most important changes requiring local-level action are in a checklist provided below. We have also identified recommended actions for educators seeking to share Plan information with their colleagues and community stakeholders.
- State Plan Readiness Checklist
- Physical Education Assessment Information
- Smarter Balanced Assessments for English Language Arts and Math Shifted to Grade 9
- NGSS-Aligned Science Assessment
- Career and College Readiness Assessment
- FAQ: English Learner Performance Measures Within the Vermont State Plan
- FAQ: College and Career Readiness Indicator, CCR Outcomes