NOTICE: The funding opportunity has been suspended until January 2021. We are not currently accepting applications.
The Federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) of 2014 requires that states solicit applicants to compete for Adult Education and Literacy funds (AEL). Below are the documents related to the 2020 competition for the July 1, 2020-June 30, 2022 grant period.
The application materials are below:
- WIOA Title II Grant Application
- AEL FY21 Budget Proposal Template
- AEL Budget Object and Function Codes
Contact Robin Castle at Robin.Castle@vermont.gov with any questions about the funding opportunity.
An applicant workshop was held on February 28, 2020 to present key information and address questions from participants. The PowerPoint presentation from this workshop can be found below:
Policies and manuals:
- Adult Education and Literacy Conditions of Grant Awards and Links to Resources
- Adult Education and Literacy Policy Manual FY21
- Assessment Manual with Distance Education Policy FY21
- High School Completion Program Policy Manual FY21
- High School Completion Program Reimbursement Rates FY21
- Professional Development Handbook
- Adult Education and Literacy's Full Range of Services FY20
- High School Completion Program Prior Approval Request Form FY21
- High School Completion Program Request to Graduate Form FY21
- Individual Professional Development Plan
- AOE Approved Industry Recognized Credentials
- AEL WIOA Individuals with Barriers to Employment - Purpose and Definitions
- OCTAE IELCE Checklist
- OCTAE IET Checklist
- What Are Flexible Pathways?
- Memo: Newly Available on Website: Adult Education and Literacy Policies
Please visit COVID-19 Guidance for Vermont Schools for a complete list of AOE guidance related to COVID-19.
- Guidance for Adult Education and Literacy Program Implementation During a Novel Coronavirus Outbreak
- Guidance for Adult Education and Literacy: Volume 2
- COVID-19 Guidance for Adult Education and Literacy: Volume 3
- Adult Education and Literacy Continuity of Learning Instruction and Assessment Guide
- Adult Education and Literacy: Initial Graduation Guidance for Students Assessing Below High School Proficiency on NRS Assessments
- Adult Education and Literacy: Virtual Test Proctoring Procedures for Continuity of Learning
- Adult Education and Literacy: Guidance for High School Completion Program and TABE 11/12 Assessments During the COVID-19 Response
Email Robin Castle, State Director of Adult Education & Literacy, or call (802) 828-0508.