The Federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) of 2014 requires that states solicit applicants to compete for Adult Education and Literacy funds (AEL). Below are the documents related to the 2020 competition for the July 1, 2020-June 30, 2022 grant period.
The application materials are below:
- WIOA Title II Grant Application
- AEL FY21 Budget Proposal Template
- AEL Budget Object and Function Codes
Contact Robin Caslte at Robin.Castle@vermont.gov or (802) 828-0508 with any questions about the funding opportunity.
Applicant workshops will be held on February 7th and 28th to present key information and address questions from participants.
Applicants may attend one or both workshops.
Workshop #1: CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER
When: Friday, February 7, 2020, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
When: Friday, February 28, 2020, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Where: Vermont Agency of Education, 1 National Life Drive, Davis 5, Montpelier, VT 05620-2501
Required RSVP to Miranda.Scott@vermont.gov by February 21, 2020
Policies and manuals:
- Adult Education and Literacy Policy Manual FY20
- Assessment Manual FY20
- High School Completion Program Policy Manual FY20
- High School Completion Program Reimbursement Rates FY20
- Professional Development Handbook
- Adult Education and Literacy's Full Range of Services FY20
- High School Completion Program Prior Approval Request Form FY20
- High School Completion Program Request to Graduate Form FY20
- Individual Professional Development Plan
- AOE Approved Industry Recognized Credentials
- AEL WIOA Individuals with Barriers to Employment - Purpose and Definitions
- What Are Flexible Pathways?
- Memo: Newly Available on Website: Adult Education and Literacy Policies
Email Robin Castle, State Director of Adult Education & Literacy, or call (802) 828-0508.