The Federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) of 2014 requires that states solicit applicants to compete for Title II, Adult Education and Literacy funds (AEL). The Vermont Agency of Education (AOE) recently sought applications for the period of July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2023. Awarded applicants are:
Central Vermont Adult Basic Education to serve Lamoille, Orange, and Washington Counties.
See Central Vermont Adult Basic Education’s plan to provide AEL services for FY22 (July 1, 2021-June 30, 2022)
Northeast Kingdom Learning Services to serve Caledonia, Essex and Orleans Counties.
See Northeast Kingdom Learning Services’ plan to provide AEL services for FY22 (July 1, 2021-June 30, 2022)
The Tutorial Center to serve Bennington County.
See The Tutorial Center’s plan to provide AEL services for FY22 (July 1, 2021-June 30, 2022)
Vermont Adult Learning to serve Addison, Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle, Rutland, Windham, and Windsor Counties.
See Vermont Adult Learning’s plan to provide AEL services for FY22 (July 1, 2021-June 30, 2022)
To contact an Adult Education and Literacy provider, please see our Local Services webpage.
The Vermont Agency of Education will be accepting applications in the spring of 2023 for a grant period beginning July 1, 2023.
Policies and manuals:
- Adult Education and Literacy Conditions of Grant Awards and Links to Resources
- Adult Education and Literacy Policy Manual FY22
- Assessment Manual with Distance Education Policy FY22
- High School Completion Program Policy Manual FY22
- High School Completion Program Reimbursement Rates FY22
- Professional Development Handbook
- Adult Education and Literacy's Full Range of Services
- High School Completion Program Prior Approval Request Form FY22
- High School Completion Program Request to Graduate Form FY22
- Individual Professional Development Plan
- AEL WIOA Individuals with Barriers to Employment - Purpose and Definitions
- OCTAE IELCE Checklist
- OCTAE IET Checklist
- AEL IET Approval and Documentation Process
- AEL IET Registration Form
- What Are Flexible Pathways?
- Memo: Newly Available on Website: Adult Education and Literacy Policies
- AEL Data Specialist 101
- AEL HSCP Plan Management Procedures
- AEL Post-Exit Survey Purpose, Tips and Survey Questions
- AEL Survey Follow Up Data Collection and Entry into DataWorks
- AEL Career Services Tracking
Please visit COVID-19 Guidance for Vermont Schools for a complete list of AOE guidance related to COVID-19.
- Guidance for Adult Education and Literacy Program Implementation During a Novel Coronavirus Outbreak
- Guidance for Adult Education and Literacy: Volume 2
- COVID-19 Guidance for Adult Education and Literacy: Volume 3
- Adult Education and Literacy Continuity of Learning Instruction and Assessment Guide
- Adult Education and Literacy: Virtual Test Proctoring Procedures for Continuity of Learning
- Adult Education and Literacy: Guidance for High School Completion Program and TABE 11/12 Assessments During the COVID-19 Response
Page last updated on February 3, 2022.
Email Robin Castle, State Director of Adult Education & Literacy, or call (802) 828-0508.