The Flexible Pathways Initiative, created by Act 77 of 2013 and found in statute under16 V.S.A. § 941, encourages and supports the creativity of school districts as they develop and expand high-quality educational experiences that are an integral part of secondary education in the evolving 21st-century classroom. Flexible pathways also promote opportunities for Vermont students to achieve postsecondary readiness through high-quality educational experiences that acknowledge individual goals, learning styles, and abilities; and increase the rates of secondary school completion and postsecondary continuation in Vermont. Flexible Pathways provides for:
New Grant Opportunity
Using Flexible Pathways for Personalized Learning
The Vermont Agency of Education invites Supervisory Unions and School Districts to apply for a Flexible Pathways Grant to support high-quality, well-rounded, out-of-school time learning opportunities for Vermont learners. Competitive awards will be granted to school and community partnerships that show the greatest promise of providing high-quality out-of-school time learning opportunities that support Act 77 and EQS. SUs/SDs will lead these projects.
Applicants may apply for grants in the following ranges: $7,500 - $10,000, $20,000 - $30,000 or $50,000 - $75,000. Grant applications will be reviewed by the Agency of Education after the May 11, 2018 closing date. The grant may be approved in full, in part, or not approved. Any final award amount will be determined by the reviewers.
- Request for Proposal Date: April 9, 2018
- Application Due Date: May 11, 2018
- Anticipated Grant Duration: July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019
- Number of Awards: Multiple awards are anticipated
Previous Grant Opportunities
Three competitive grant opportunities were awarded in April 2017 for the purpose of preparing students for post-secondary success through flexible pathways. Learn more about these Flexible Pathways projects.
Grant opportunity descriptions:
- Developing Work-Based Learning at the Secondary Level: Creating Authentic and Diverse Career Experiences for All Students
- Developing and Scaling Career Advisory: Career Pathways as Part of the Personalized Learning Planning Process
- Integrated Expanded learning Opportunities into Personalized Learning Plans and Flexible Pathways to Graduation