In accordance with State Board of Education, AOE accountability goals, and Vermont law, the home study program works to ensure that all students enrolled in home study programs have access to a quality education. When required, the program provides technical assistance to improve the quality of a home study program.
Home Study Enrollment
End-of-Year-Assessments (EOYA) and additional information can also be submitted online.
As of March 1, we begin accepting home study enrollment notices for the following school year. Please note that not all those students enrolling will need all forms.
- Home Study Enrollment School Year Definitions Memo
- Home Study Enrollment Memo
- Home Study Enrollment Notice - Form A
- Independent Professional Evidence Reporting Form - Form B
- Instructor Home Study Enrollment Form - Form C
- Assurance of Educational Legal Rights
- Adaptations for Minimum Course of Study
- Minimum Course of Study
- Teacher End of Year Assessment
- End of the Year Assessment/Teacher Expectations
Home Study Resources
- Video- Parent Report and Portfolio End of the Year Assessment for Home Study in Vermont
- Guidelines for Home Study in Vermont contains information and forms necessary to prepare and submit an enrollment notice for homeschooling. Excerpts from relevant statutes and rules are also provided.
- Memo for Home Study Students Regarding Optional State Testing
- Memo on Home Study Information for Vermont Public Schools
- Home Study Frequently Asked Questions
Parents' Rights in Special Education
Under the federal Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) of 2004 and Agency of Education's Special Education rules, parents have specific rights concerning their participation in the special education process. The Parents' Rights in Special Education (Procedural Safeguards Notice) booklet is designed to inform parents of those rights and provide a list of available resources.
This document is available in the following languages: Bosnian, Nepali, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Somali, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish and Vietnamese. Translations in Arabic, French and Swahili will be available in the near future.
Email the Home Study Team, or call (802) 622-1254